Friday, July 21, 2017

Day 0 and 1- not what we expected

Wednesday
Phil picked up the trailer on Wednesday, got home at 4pm and we started loading.... and loading...and loading. Insert taking care of the children, and getting them to bed. Fast forward to 10:30 pm, I rounded the corner in the hallway of our laundry room ans noticed the baseboard pulling away from the wall... then I found more damage. I opened the door to the furnace closet and there was about 3 inches of standing water. Houston... we have a problem.
Phil was in the camper when I broke the news. Insurance company claim started and mopping up the water is how we ended the night. Guess we are not leaving tomorrow- sigh.

Thursday
Praise the Lord for one of our sweet babysitters ans my precious nephew. I took the boys to my sister's house and Sydney and Peyton watched them all day while we dealt with the stuff at home. 2 water extraction people, AC guy and contractor.... ended with 4 giant fans, all of the flooring in one hallway and 1/3 of our playroom ripped up, all baseboards in the area removed, and a giant dehumidifier. Meanwhile we were still trying to pack and load... in a HOT camper bc the braker kept tripping.
Our amazing neighbors (and Kaleb's best friend) asked him to spend the night- praise the Lord. He struggles with loud noises and those fans sounded like a jet airplane. Phil and I kept packing, prepping and loading. Not sure we will ever be ready to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment