We woke up at the usual 6:30 and got busy doing last minute tasks.... thinking (foolishly) that we wluld be pulling out by 10am. Ha!
Phil goes out to mow, we completely lose power, and then the mower dies. To make matters extra special, little bit, has absolutly no desire to stand, walk or play... noooo he is demanding to be held. He is -almost 21 mo and weighs 30 lbs!!
We pack, prep, and load more crap. Organize said crap in the camper. Again, we were rescued by one of our neighbors. She offered to let the boys play at her house while we got ready. Even with this huge boost of speed... we did not finish until 1:30. What in the world took us so long??? We cannot figure it out. To be honest, though, we are both Scouts, and one of our mottos is to "Be Prepared."
I go to get waters for the road and Icant find my Yeti. AHhhhhhhhhh insert 2 year old tantrum from 39 year old Mommy. (Amazing neighbor to the rescue again- she let me borrow one)
We pull out at 2:30, get 4 houses down and Phil realizes he didnt plug in the brake or lights for the trailer. We messes with them for about 20 minutes.... in the sun.... it was 101. Good thing we had just showered- ha!
Ok, we are off. Kids are nicely playing with the busy bags I had prepped, I start to crochet (working on a blanket I started for Jacob when I was pregnant with him... I must finish this before he turns 2! We have 2,200 miles for me to work on it bc I am NOT going to drive this thing!
Kids being angels lasted about 10 minutes and literally "when are we going to get there came out of Kaleb's mouth." Traffic on 35 was AWFUL, Jacob was screaming, Kaleb wanted me to "teach him history," and poor Phil was trying to control this crazy trailer.
We make it to Temple, see a Chick-fil-a like a beacon on a hill and stop. Yessss we have made it an hour away from home- hahaha.
We bought a back up camera at Costco, tried to get it to work for a while, me reading technical instructions is a joke. (We figured out it is truly a "back up" camera, not a "stay on while you drive since you cant see anything in your rearview" type of camera.) bummer
Our goal was to get north of Dallas- but, we are stopping for the night at Cedar Hill. We havent hooked up anything yet and now we get to do it, in the dark. I am sure there will be a story to tell!
de(n)tonated- to set off a sudden burst of activity: spark If any word describes our family, this is it! We are a God fearing, country loving, Texas (blue not red) family!
Friday, July 21, 2017
Day 1- For real
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment