Sunday, July 23, 2017

Night 2- ahhhh sleep

Saturday night

We stopped at Sequoya State Park in OK. It was GORGEOUS!! We got there before dark, had a pull through landing and easy hook up. Thankful that we did throw in the pack and play, Jacob slept ALL night!!

I made noodles and meatballs before we left home and it was so nice to have dinner ready!

We learned a valuable lesson with the fridge- this might be a duh for many but for us it was GREAT. If you freeze gallon jugs of water and put in the fridge with freezer packs it acts like a cooler as you go down the road. So thankful for that bc living out of a "real" cooler was going to be a pain.

I am trying desperately to keep mostly healthy food in our bodies and that requires refrigeration. Fruit and veggies, lean meat, etc. It is SO easy to just eat junk when we travel. Also, I am trying a new snack system with the boys and it seems to be working pretty well. They each have their own lunch box full of snacks. One of each kind - Jacob would eat a box of fruit snacks if I let him... and for every lunchbag snack they have to have a cooler snack. I packed a small cooler with grape cups, bags of carrots, sugar snap peas (Kaleb loves, Jacob chews and spits out) and apple slices (thanks to Costco they are precut and already in bags).

No comments:

Post a Comment